Friday, 20 October 2017

Pub re-opens six weeks after Christmas Eve blaze

A CAVERSHAM pub which had to close after a fire on Christmas Eve has reopened.

The Griffin in Church Road was packed with customers on its first new day of trading on Saturday.

Rob Wilson, MP for Reading East, led a ribbon-cutting ceremony with Caversham’s borough councillor Cllr Andrew Cumpsty.

The pub shut for almost six weeks following the blaze, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The fire destroyed the bar and the ceiling above it collapsed. It also caused heavy smoke damage.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say