A RESTAURANT in Henley town centre suffered a burst water pipe in the early hours of this morning (Thursday).
Firefighters were called to Loch Fyne, in Market Place, at 4.30am after its alarm system was triggered.
Running water could be heard from the outside and some parts of the restaurant had water up to an ankle deep.
The firefighters found a water pipe in the upstairs boiler room had burst. Water was leaking through the light fittings to the floor below and the ceiling was bowing.
They turned off the water and contained the gas and electric supply before leaving at about 5.30am.
The restaurant would not confirm whether or not it will open today.
This breaking news story is being updated regularly and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.
If you would like to receive breaking news alerts via twitter and facebook then please follow @henleystandard.