Monday, 21 August 2017

We nearly died from gas fumes at villa

A COUPLE endured a holiday from hell when they were struck down by carbon monoxide poisoning.

Gemma French and Darren Blanche became seriously ill after the gas leaked from a faulty fridge at a villa they were renting in Lanzarote.

The couple, from Christmas Common, say they are lucky to be alive and are raising awareness of the risks.

They are urging people to fit carbon monoxide alarms in their homes and pack a spare one when they go on holiday.

Miss French, 34, and Mr Blanche, 44, paid about £1,000 for the week-long break in February this year.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say