A COUPLE who ran a butcher’s shop in Wargrave for 17 years have celebrated their diamond wedding.
Peter and Eve Jennings, both 82, were married at St Joseph’s Church in Maidenhead on September 4, 1954.
Mr Jennings was just 11 when he started work as a butcher at L J Jennings in Twyford following the death of his father Leonard, who had run the business.
In the Seventies he moved the business to Wargrave and later Hurst, where he changed the name to P & D Jennings and his son David took over.
The couple have lived in a flat above the shop for 25 years and even named their home Topside after a joint of beef.