Sunday, 17 December 2017

Probe into restaurant’s ‘noisy’ extraction unit

AN investigation has been launched into claims that a Henley restaurant installed an extraction unit without planning permission.

AN investigation has been launched into claims that a Henley restaurant installed an extraction unit without planning permission.

An official from South Oxfordshire District Council, the planning authority, has visited Cau in Hart Street, Henley, after neighbours complained about the noise from the unit. Last month, the Henley Standard told how Deon and Gill Melck, who lives a few doors from the steak restaurant, were plagued by noise for more than 12 hours at a time and were unable to sit in their garden.

Mr Melck said: “It’s totally unacceptable. The question I have is did they need planning permission to put this equipment in and, if they did, who approved it?

“If it has not been approved I would like it to be shut down immediately. No consultation took place at all.

“I can’t believe they were as crass as to put this thing in and not check with anybody.” Mr Melck wrote to Cau and Henley Town Council, asking for action to be taken and believes cladding should be used to reduce the noise.



Aisha Stevens, from Cau Henley, emailed him, saying: “We have no wish to disrupt you, our neighbours, and hope that you will bear with us while we correct the situation urgently.”



More News:

Latest video from

Youngsters dazzle at music competition
 

POLL: Have your say