Saturday, 19 August 2017

Bring back planning notices

A CALL has been made to bring back the practise of erecting planning application notices on or near sites where applications have been received.

It was made at a meeting of Watlington Parish Council by Councillor Robert Barber who asked why South Oxfordshire District Council had changed its policy.

He said a neighbour had submitted a planning application but he had not been informed by the district council.

He said: “Had I not been on the planning committee or had I not been on good terms with my neighbour, the builders would have been round before I knew it.”

He asked district councillor Angie Paterson: “Would you consider going back to issuing notices because at least people would have the chance to comment?”

Cllr Paterson said it had been three years since the council gave out planning notices but she would take the suggestion back to the planning department.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say