Thursday, 19 October 2017

Developer wants to extend new homes

A DEVELOPER wants to enlarge two new houses it plans to build in Strathmore Drive, Charvil.

W D Builders & Sons has been granted permission by Wokingham Borough Council to demolish an existing two-storey house and replace it with one five-bedroom house and another with four bedrooms.

In 2012, a similar application was refused by the council, which said the development would be cramped and out of keeping with the street scene. An appeal was dismissed in early 2013. A second application made earlier this year was approved by the council after the developer agreed to include more space between the two new houses.

This was despite objections made by several residents and Charvil Parish Council who said the plot was not big enough for two homes.

Now the developer is seeking permission for a single-storey orangery at the back of both houses and to use the roof space in both to provide an extra bedroom and games area.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say