Sunday, 22 October 2017

Councillors welcome return of kebab van

A KEBAB van should be allowed to set up in a Henley car park, say town councillors.

A KEBAB van should be allowed to set up in a Henley car park, say town councillors.

They have recommended that a planning application by Mohammad Seylani-Zadeh to return to Greys Road car park following a 10-year absence should be approved.

He traded there for 15 years but closed in 2005 to go to Iran following the death of his father.

Mr Seylani-Zadeh wants to set up on a pitch near the car park entrance off Market Place, a few yards south of the over-60s club. His van would take up no more than three car lengths and would be parked on the pavement rather than in a bay.

It would open at 7pm every day and close at midnight on a Sunday, at 1am from Monday to Wednesday, at 2am on Thursdays and 3am on Fridays and Saturdays.



Mayor Martin Akehurst told the council’s planning committee: “He has had to jump through a lot of hoops to reach this stage and I have no problem with him being here.”

Councillor Elizabeth Hodgkin said: “He was a wholly responsible person who kept the area very clean and tidy so I have no concerns.”

South Oxfordshire District Council, which owns the car park, will decide the application by February 9.

Last year, Mr Seylani-Zadeh applied to the district council for a trader’s licence, which he must also secure before he can trade. The town council supported his application but the district council turned it down because he had completed the paperwork incorrectly.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say