Monday, 23 October 2017

Councillor overcome by fumes

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after inhaling chemical fumes while cleaning her bathroom

A WOMAN was taken to hospital after inhaling chemical fumes while cleaning her bathroom.

Kellie Hinton, a Henley town councillor, called 111 when she felt short of breath and an ambulance was sent to her home in Queen Street.

The medics made precautionary checks before Mrs Hinton was taken to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading for tests.

She said: ?I was cleaning the bathroom without a window open. It created a gas cloud which mixed with the steam from where the shower had been on.

?Then I found I had a shortness of breath so I rang the non-emergency number to try not to cause a fuss.?

Writing on Twitter later, she said: ?Mixed chemicals & nearly poisoned myself when cleaning. Admit it?s an extreme way to get out of doing it. Yay for the efficient NHS though!?

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say