Tuesday, 22 August 2017

New signs postponed

PLANS for six new entrance signs to Henley have been shelved.

PLANS for six new entrance signs to Henley have been shelved.

Members of the council’s town and community committee agreed that the cost of £7,222 was too much.

The council had already paid £500 for new designs that include Bled, Henley’s newest twin town, but the committee felt they should wait for the partnership to become more established.

Councillor Ian Reissmann said that it would be “wasteful” to spend that amount of money on new signs.

He said there were fewer Bled-related activities like the ones provided by the twinning partnerships with Leichlingen in Germany and Falaise in France.



“I propose that we take no further action pending a review in a year or two, if the twinning becomes established,” he said.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say