“Come September the mums will push their kids to school through this.”
Mr Rushton, who lives in Littleworth Road with his wife Susan, said he met county council officers in May 2013 to discuss the problem. He said the crossing was continually being broken up by buses pulling into a poorly designed stop.
The drop in the Tarmac now made it impossible for people on mobility scooters or with pushchairs to use the crossing.
He added: “I can’t believe they can’t do a cheap fix just to make the crossing a bit safer without fencing it off.”
The county council says that problems with pavements are generally responded to within 10 working days.
On July 21 and again on July 23 the authority claimed on Fix My Street that the problem had been fixed.
Parish councillor Rob Workman responded, saying: “This issue with the pavement has not been fixed and is now a serious danger to pedestrians using this crossing.
“I will report this to the Health and Safety Executive as the county council is not fulfilling its duty of care to the public here.”
Mr Rushton said the A4074 carried about 1,900 vehicles per hour at peak times.
He added: “I believe this situation is outrageous, a travesty of handling a safety issueÂ and it makes one wonder what any of the responsible people would say if there were to be a serious incident.Â
“To remove some broken up Tarmac is not rocket science and could not possibly be that expensive.Â
“This is a basic county councilÂ responsibility and they are ducking it and putting people’s lives at risk.Â
“The speed limit on the road was reduced from 50mph to 40mph but requests for a 30mph were rejected.”
The parish council has been seeking a solution forÂ more thanÂ three years.Â
InÂ 2013 it suggested a temporary solution of bollards to make the buses stay on the highwayÂ but this was rejected andÂ insteadÂ fresh Tarmac was laid.
Oxfordshire county council didn’t respond to a request for comment.