Monday, 23 October 2017

Neighbours force man to scrap homes plan

A MAN has withdrawn plans to build two new homes in Charvil following complaints from neighbours.

A MAN has withdrawn plans to build two new homes in Charvil following complaints from neighbours.

Simon Brock had wanted to demolish a garage on land in Park View Drive South to make way for one house with four bedrooms and another with three.

But neighbours said the development would be too big for the site and cause traffic problems.

Derek Armitage, of Old Bath Road, said: "This is over-development and would lead to increased parking on the dangerous corners of Park View Drive South, which is already a busy cut-through."

Jacqui Staig, of Park View Drive South, said: "I think one new house would be more acceptable.



"In addition, the provision of only two parking spaces per house is likely to lead to increased on-street parking close to the junction with the busy Old Bath Road."

Mrs Staig also claimed the design of the development was out of keeping with the area.

Mr Brock said the new homes would "not be uncharacteristic" of the area and would "make a positive contribution to the local housing supply and help to preserve green fields".

He said there would be enough room for cars to park and turn around on site without blocking the road.

Meanwhile, residents have objected to plans to relocate the entrance to a field off Park Lane, Charvil.

Deirdre Wells wants to move the entrance to the field at the north end of Park Lane to further along the road so that it is opposite Charvil Piggott Primary School.

Neighbours say this could cause road safety issues and that a previous application to move the entrance was rejected last year.

Ms Wells said moving the entrance would "benefit highway safety, local amenity and the convenience of users".

A decision will be made by Wokingham Borough Council later this month.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say