Monday, 23 October 2017

House plan approved

A COUPLE’S plans for a new home in Charvil have been approved despite concerns

A COUPLE’S plans for a new home in Charvil have been approved despite concerns raised by parish councillors.

Rajesh Sharma and Shahnaz Shah applied to Wokingham Borough Council for planning permission to demolish a garage and build a new four-bedroom house next to an existing three-bedroom house.

Charvil Parish Council objected to the plans on the grounds that there would not be enough room on the site for parking.

Parish clerk Miranda Parker said: “At present there is substantial on-street parking on this corner, which is far from ideal, and a second property will increase this problem rather than provide any alleviation.”

Earlier this year, another plan for the house was rejected by the borough council as it was deemed too big for the site.



In approving the latest plans, the council said they were an improvement.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say