Wednesday, 23 August 2017

Neighbours object to new house in ‘hamlet’

NEIGHBOURS have objected to plans for a new house in Peppard.

NEIGHBOURS have objected to plans for a new house in Peppard.

David Carter has applied to build the three-bedrooom house with a separate garage, home office and art studio in the garden of his home, Well Cottage, in Gypsy Lane, Kingwood Common.

His daughter and son-in-law, a writer and an artist, would live in the property and work from home.

Neighbours say there has already been too much development in the area.

Ian and Fiona Nugent said: “What was once a collection of large family houses with appropriately sized gardens is fast becoming a housing estate without the facilities, services or infrastructure to support a growing population.



“Further vehicles will only lead to further decimation of the verges and potholing of our unmade lane.

“Gypsy Lane is no more than a collection of houses, at the most a hamlet, and is rapidly changing from the once peaceful rural area that we and others chose to live in.’

Norman Perkins said: “We bought our property 20 years ago and were told that the council would never allow planning at Well Cottage because of access.’

He said he had been refused planning permission for a two-storey property, so Mr Carter should be too.

He added: “This looks like it will be run as a business, which we have been told would not be allowed.’

Bernadette O’Farrell said she did not object to the application but was concerned that she would be overlooked by the new house.

She said: “I believe that this would be an intrusion upon the privacy I presently enjoy. I do not believe that the additional windows on the north-west elevation are actually necessary.’

The application says: “The site lies within an established rural settlement that is deemed generally appropriate for small scale infill developments in the adopted development plan and neighbouring plots already have similar extant consents upon them.

“The site is well screened from the surrounding AONB land and development would not cause landscape detriment. The new dwelling would be accessed by a new private driveway on to the lane that currently serves the neighbouring properties to the north.’

South Oxfordshire District Council will decide on the application by February 11.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say