GORING Primary School was evacuated this morning (Tuesday) amid fears of an explosion at a nearby electrical substation.
Southern Electric says a loud bang at 10.30am was caused by a fuse tripping at its facility in Elvendon Road, which left 47 properties without power.
Two crews from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called following reports of a small fire.
They evacuated the school as a precaution but found there was no fire.
Engineers restored power to every property except the school by 1.20pm. The school's supply was expected to be back by this evening.
A Southern Electric spokeswoman apologised for the disruption but stressed there was no explosion, contrary to other reports.