Monday, 23 October 2017

Restaurant to reopen after fire

A STEAKHOUSE in Henley will re-open on Saturday following a fire at the premises last week.

A STEAKHOUSE in Henley will re-open on Saturday following a fire at the premises last week.

The fire at Cau in Hart Street on Tuesday last week is believed to have started in some bins and spread to a timber storeroom.

A 50ft plume of smoke could be seen above the building as the fire in the garden area at the back of the restaurant raged.

The flames were fuelled by old cooking oil producing temperatures of 1,300 degrees Celcius.

Firefighters used high pressure jets to stop the fire spreading to adjacent buildings.

Stuntman Gary Connery, of Ancastle Green, went into the restaurant and moved some gas bottles away from the flames and was joined by Deputy Mayor Will Hamilton as they ensured staff and customers had got out safely.

Hart Street and Friday Street were closed while fire crews brought the fire under control. They spent about eight hours at the premises dousing down the fire and taken down the outbuildings.

On Saturday debris from the fire could be seen outside the front of the restaurant.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say