Friday, 21 September 2018

Blaze pub to re-open

A CAVERSHAM pub which closed after a fire on Christmas Eve will re-open on February 1.

The bar and ceiling of the Griffin in Church Road were destroyed in the blaze, which is thought to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The Spirit Pub Company, which owns the pub, had hoped to re-open the business this month but repairs have taken longer than they expected.

A spokeswoman said: “We’d like to apologise once again for any inconvenience our guests may have suffered due to the closure and we look forward to welcoming the community back into the pub next week.”

The pub is run by landlady Anne Marie McCarthy, who lives above the pub with her husband Colum.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say