Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Waste depot blaze blamed on oily rags

FIREFIGHTERS took several hours to bring a fierce blaze at a waste depot under control.

There was a huge pall of black smoke over the Grundon plant in Goulds Grove, Ewelme, as the flames raged on Saturday evening.

The fire is believed to have been caused by sunlight setting light to greasy rags at the hazardous waste transfer station.

A 200m cordon was set up around the site as the fire was declared a major incident by the emergency services.

Residents as far away as Sonning Common and Nettlebed were advised to keep their windows and doors shut as a precaution.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say