Monday, 23 October 2017

Joss sticks start fire

A WOMAN had a lucky escape from a fire at her home caused by burning incense sticks.

A WOMAN had a lucky escape from a fire at her home caused by burning incense sticks.

Four fire crews attended the blaze at a cottage in Reading Road, Shiplake, at 1.13pm on Saturday.

The fire started in the owner’s bedroom after the joss sticks were left unattended on a shelf and set light to clothes.

The woman tackled the fire herself and was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters said the fire caused severe smoke damage to the bedroom.

The woman, who rents the property, didn’t want to comment.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say