Wednesday, 13 December 2017

Customers evacuated in Tesco fire drama

CUSTOMERS were evacuated from the Tesco store in Henley on Christmas Eve due to an electrical fire.

CUSTOMERS were evacuated from the Tesco store in Henley on Christmas Eve due to an electrical fire.

The alarm was raised at about 2pm after staff and customers noticed a burning smell caused by a fault in the lights above the checkout tills.

Staff used a CO2 extinguisher to tackle the fire before firefighters arrived.

Store manager Simon Warren said: “We successfully evacuated the store and everyone was back within half an hour so there was no real impact on trade.”

Firefighters disconnected the electrical supply and made sure the area was safe by removing ceiling panels to ensure the fire hadn’t spread to the roof space.



Staff handed out chocolates to customers as they waited outside.

More News:

Latest video from

Youngsters dazzle at music competition
 

POLL: Have your say