Sunday, 22 October 2017

Pub fire

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a chimney fire at a Henley pub.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a chimney fire at a Henley pub.

Mark Dunlop, landlord of the Angel on the Bridge, was on his own in the front bar at about 4pm on Monday when he noticed smoke.

He said: “A little bit of smoke came into the bar and then it went outside and a couple of people came in and said, ‘there seems to be a lot of smoke coming out’.

Mr Dunlop extinguished the fire using water but called the fire service as a precaution. Firefighters gave the pub the all-clear.

The landlord said the chimney was cleaned three times a year and had been relined.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say