POLICE have issued a warning to bicycle owners in Henley following the theft of 21 machines in three months.
It’s thought that the crimes, plus one attempted theft, could be the work of one gang.
Pc Becky Tanner, who is investigating the thefts, said: “People should be aware that a lot of bikes have been stolen from the Henley area since the beginning of October.
“In many of the cases, the bikes’ locks have been cut, forced or tampered with but in some cases the bikes have only been secured by the front wheel.
“To avoid being a victim of bicycle theft, people should purchase heavy duty locks and better secure their bikes.
“Cyclists should also make sure their bikes are marked and that they record all of their bicycle’s information, including serial number.”
The thefts were as follows:
• A Trek 7.4 FX road bike stolen in Station Road, 5.20pm-5.40pm on October 4.
• A Cannondale CX3 bike stolen at the station, 9am-11pm on October 13.
• A Giant mountain bike stolen at the station 7am-8pm on October 15.
• A B’Twin road bike stolen in Gravel Hill, 7.05am-7.46pm on October 16.
• A Specialized Rock Hopper XL bike stolen in Station Road, 9am-6pm on October 28.
• A Giant Yukon FX1 mountain bike stolen in Quebec Road, 4pm on October 30-8am on November 2.
• A Giant Revel 1 mountain bike stolen in Upton Close, 5pm on October 31-9am on November 2.
• A Scott Scale Contessa 710 mountain bike and a Scott Scale 760 mountain bike stolen in Greys Road, midnight on November 1-midnight on December 13.
• A Giant mountain bike stolen in Station Road, 11.55am-10.10pm on November 8.
• A Giant XTC 4 bike stolen in West Street, midnight on November 17-4.12pm on November 18.
• Two Giant Trance bikes stolen in Station Road, 4.30pm on November 19-10.57pm on November 20.
• A Kona Cinder Cone mountain bike stolen in Market Place, 5.30pm-6.30pm on December 9.
• A Carrera mountain bike stolen in Reading Road, 7am -6pm on December 11.
• A Marin mountain bike stolen in Deanfield Road, 9.30pm on December 12-7.55am on December 13.
• A Specialized mountain bike stolen in Grove Road, 3pm on December 13-10.19am on December 14.
• A B’Twin Riverside 500 bike stolen in Adwell Square, 6pm on December 14-9.41am on December 21.
• A Boardman mountain bike stolen in Marmion Road, 3.30pm on December 17-2.26pm on December 19.
• A Townsend Carrera mountain bike stolen in Reading Road at 5pm on December 18.
• A Kona Blast mountain bike stolen in Bell Street 12.45pm-1.15pm on December 31.
There was also an attempt to steal a bike in Phyllis Court Drive at 8.40pm on November 1.
Anyone with information about the thefts should contact Pc Tanner via the Thames Valley Police 24-hour enquiry line, 101.