Monday, 18 December 2017

Reflected sunlight causes bedroom fire

A FIRE at a house in Henley was caused by sunlight reflecting off a bedroom mirror

A FIRE at a house in Henley was caused by sunlight reflecting off a bedroom mirror.

Firefighters arrived at the property in Reading Road at about 5.15pm on Monday after a neighbour reported seeing flames at a first-floor window.

The house, which was empty at the time, suffered smoke damage. A window was broken to release the smoke.

Lincoln Ball, of Berkshire Fire and Rescue service, said the fire was caused by sunlight reflecting off the mirror which set curtains alight.

He said: "This is the third such incident of this kind I have been to this winter. The sun is lower in the winter months, so the angle can go through windows and cause this type of fire."

Fire crews came from Henley and Reading. An ambulance and a police car were also at the scene.

For more on this story, see this week's Henley Standard.


More News:

Latest video from

Youngsters dazzle at music competition
 

POLL: Have your say