Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Restraining order after attack on former boyfriend

A WOMAN who attacked her former boyfriend and his new partner has been handed an indefinite

A WOMAN who attacked her former boyfriend and his new partner has been handed an indefinite restraining order.

Sarah Ann Hazell assaulted Mark Forchin and Katie Micuta at his home in Church Street, Henley, in the early hours after she had been drinking.

Oxford Magistrates’ Court heard that the incident happened after 33-year-old Hazell’s relationship with Mr Forchin had broken down.

Prosecutor Joan Gandolfi said: “He had moved on and was in a new relationship but she couldn’t seem to let it go. She still had, she believed, some of her items in the property.”

Mrs Gandolfi said Hazell went to the house at about 3am on September 28 to speak to the couple after consuming “quite a lot of alcohol”.



“She banged on the front door, making noise to the extent neighbours became aware of what was going on,” she said. “She was shouting and trying to get Mr Forchin to open the door to her. She was very agitated.

“He thought it would be better to try to get her to leave rather than let her in but he felt he had to do something.”

Hazell then smashed two panes of glass in the front door and a living room window. She reached through and opened the latch and climbed through the window.

She then made her way upstairs where she found Miss Micuta in a bedroom and “launched herself” across the bed and assaulted her.

Mr Forchin got hold of Hazell and wrestled her back down the stairs, suffering injuries to his arms in the process.

Mrs Gandolfi said that after Hazell left the property the police were called and found her at her home in Goodall Close in “quite a bad way” as she had cut her hand “quite badly”.

Hazell was found guilty of two counts of assault by beating and one of criminal damage following a trial last month.

David Battaliou, for Hazell, said she had no previous convictions, adding: “She’s of good character and she’s demonstrating a determination to address her issues.

“She was unable to attend the trial because she had not yet recovered from the emotional situation she found herself in. A restraining order is not meant to be punitive and shouldn’t set up Miss Hazell to fail.

“She has friends who have children at Sacred Heart School in that road. She’s not going to contact Mark Forchin or Katie Micuta or go to that address.”

Passing sentence, lead magistrate Helen Robins told Hazell that her attacks were “violent and unprovoked” and caused injuries to all concerned.

Hazell was given a 12-month community order with a requirement for supervision for 12 months.

She was told not to have any contact, directly or indirectly, with Mr Forchin or Miss Micuta or visit their property.

She was also ordered to pay £300 in costs and a £60 surcharge and take part in the Thinking Ahead activity for women.

The court heard that Mr Forchin had replaced the panes of glass himself as he was in the trade and that he and Miss Micuta now lived together at the house.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say