Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Leak causes electrical fire

THREE fire engines were called to an electrical fire in Henley town centre.

THREE fire engines were called to an electrical fire in Henley town centre.

Firefighters rushed to a home on Bell Street, at the junction of New Street, at about 7.35am on Wednesday.

Incident commander Bob Speakman, who is based at Didcot, said: “There’s been a very small water leak which has got into the electrics and has caused them to short circuit.

“It’s caused a little bit of smoke and a small bit of localised charring on the electrics. It’s been reported as a house fire so that’s why you have got three fire engines. Luckily it’s turned out to be a lesser incident.”

The occupants were quickly allowed back into their home.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say