Thursday, 19 October 2017

School evacuated

GORING Primary School was evacuated amid fears of an explosion at a nearby electrical substation.

GORING Primary School was evacuated amid fears of an explosion at a nearby electrical substation.

Southern Electric said a loud bang at 10.30am on Tuesday was caused by a fuse tripping at its facility in Elvendon Road, which left 47 properties without power.

Two crews from Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service were called following reports of a small fire.

They evacuated the school as a precaution but found there was no fire.

Engineers restored power to every property except the school by 1.20pm. The school’s supply returned later.



A Southern Electric spokeswoman apologised for the disruption but stressed there was no explosion, contrary to other reports.



More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: WW2 battles relived at Mapledurham
 

POLL: Have your say