A DISABLED teenager has a new wheelchair thanks ... [more]
Tuesday, 20 February 2018
FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire in Caversham after a mother and daughter fell asleep with food cooking on the hob.
There was no response when the firefighters banged on the door at the house in Mayfield Drive, so they got in through a window using a ladder.
They found food had been left cooking on the hob so they removed the pan and switched off the power. The pan was damaged but the mother and daughter were uninjured.
Three crews attended after a neighbour raised the alarm after noticing a burning smell coming from the house.
There was a smoke alarm in the property but it did not activate as it was incorrectly fitted. Firefighters fitted two new alarms before leaving.
12 July 2017
AN Indian eagle-owl called Charlie was among the ... [more]
POLL: Have your say