Tuesday, 21 August 2018
THE toddler playground at Mill Meadows in Henley will be closed for six weeks to rid the area of rats.
On Monday contractors began putting down poison after parents complained about seeing the rodents.
Henley Town Council, which owns the playground, says a six-week closure will enable a “rigorous eradication programme”.
Town manager Helen Barnett said: “It is important to deal with this problem. We realise that the park is very popular with young families but we also need to ensure the safety of children so have decided that the playground needs to be closed. We hope parents will bear with us.”
Last month, Martin Kozak wrote to the Henley Standard after seeing five rats in the playground when he visited with his two children.
21 November 2016
Rhylva Challenge Cup for gentlemen’s ... [more]
A COFFEE morning in Sonning Common organised by ... [more]
POLL: Have your say