1711 William Henry Brakspear bought a brewery in Bell Street, Henley.
1769 Robert Brakspear, 19, became the pub landlord of the Cross Keys in Witney and began brewing Brakspear Bitter. Ten years later, he moved to Henley to join his uncle, Richard Hayward, at the brewery.
1812 Robert died and the brewery moved to New Street in Henley.
1848 Robert’s son William Henry became the sole owner and began trading as W H Brakspear.
1875 John Thomas Davies moved to London from Llanarthly, Wales, and borrowed money to build The Mansfield pub.