POP star Jessie J is still set to perform on the opening night of this year's Henley Festival despite cancelling a string of shows after undergoing surgery
POP star Jessie J is still set to perform on the opening night of this year's Henley Festival despite cancelling a string of shows after undergoing surgery.
The 26-year-old, who will perform on the 'floating stage' on Wednesday next week, has not revealed details of the operation.
But the Price Tag singer said in a statement on Instagram on Friday: "After having an operation earlier this week, I am unfortunately suffering a longer recovery time than expected due to some problems that have occurred post the operation. I have been medically advised to cancel my shows this weekend. I am simply in no way to perform.
"I am really sorry to all my fan is Denmark, Bristol and Belgium and I look forward to seeing you all in the future. I am truly disappointed."
The next day she wrote: "I am not ok... I am in a lot of pain. But I'm working on it with the doctors. We all have our moments and one of mine is now."
Jo Bausor, the festival's head of marketing, said today (Monday): "We heard from her management at the end of last week and they said it won't affect Henley.
"At this stage we have no indication she's going to pull out and we hope she doesn't.
"We have got a plan B if any of the 'floating stage' acts are enable to perform."
Mrs Bausor said the festival would be contacting the singer's management company again today to get an update.