HOUSEBUILDERS Bewley Homes — the company behind the Lea Meadow development in Sonning Common ... [more]
Monday, 23 October 2017
AS 2016 gave way to 2017, Jackson-Stops & Staff chairman NICK LEEMING (pictured) was busy looking ahead. Here are his anticipated UK property market trends for the coming year...
1. Stamp duty will continue to hinder the top end of the property market in 2017.
2. House prices are set to rise in 2017, but at lower levels than in the past eight years.
3. London house prices are set to increase five per cent next year, but new builds and higher valued properties will see little price fluctuation.
4. Rental prices in London are set for a marginal three per cent rise in 2017 as financial services tenants face uncertainty — but in the longer term rental prices are set to gain pace.
5. The country homes market has seen increasing activity levels following the Brexit vote. (Right, this semi-rural four-bedroom end-of-terrace in North Stoke is a great option, for example.) House price growth of five per cent is anticipated in areas of Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk in 2017.