Built in 1740 as part of the original Midgham House, The Coach House is a beautiful, attached property of considerable historic interest. It previously formed part of the stable block to the main house, which was an 18th century mansion forming part of a 1,300 acre estate.
Midgham House has been home to Queen Caroline, Benjamin Buck Greene, who was Governor of the Bank of England, and the Earl of Clarendon, Lord Chamberlain of the Household of King George VI. The house was demolished in 1968. The Coach House is now one of a number of privately owned properties that lie within Midgham Park, approached by a private driveway through the parkland.
The property comprises an attractive reception hall, off which there is a spectacular formal drawing room with open fireplace and large sash windows looking out over the beautiful gardens.
To the opposite side of the hall lies the dining room with equally beautiful windows and views. There is a large kitchen with vaulted ceilings, extensive fitted cupboards and access to the enclosed, gated courtyard. Off the kitchen is a large breakfast room with further fitted storage units and display shelves.
Beyond the kitchen is a more recently built wing which could easily be converted into an independent annexe.