Sunday, 29 November 2020

Pets can over-eat at Christmas time, too

PETS can overdo it at Christmas time just as much as people can.

PETS can overdo it at Christmas time just as much as people can.

Many of the goodies that we enjoy are actually toxic to them. Chocolate (especially the good quality, dark chocolate), Christmas cake, pudding and mince pies are all poisonous. Feeding them turkey bones, gravy and giblets can be just as troublesome and often result in unpleasant tummy upsets.

Cats do not escape the Christmas season unscathed either. Ribbon and tinsel can become foreign bodies and certain Yuletide plants such as mistletoe, holly berries, poinsettia and bulbs can be toxic.

If your pet does eat something that he shouldn’t over the Christmas period, or you have any other emergency please do not hesitate to telephone the Veterinary Centre. They are on call 24/7 over the festive season and are always on hand to offer some friendly advice.

All telephone calls are answered in person by the duty nurse or vet and you and your pet will be seen at the fully-equipped premises in Henley.

Call (01491) 574490 and check out the website where you will find tips to make your Christmas go smoothly:www.henleyvets.co.uk

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death
 

POLL: Have your say