PATSY ROYNON, who lives in Loddon Drive, Wargrave, was the guest at February’s meeting.
She battled the floods to reach the pavilion in Recreation Road and gave a presentation on the history of Loddon Drive.
Mrs Roynon created a virtual tour of the street using pictures from the last 150 years, starting at Wargrave station, which opened in 1900.
She showed the first house to be built in Loddon Drive in 1903, which was called Bon Accord, and also told how almost all the street’s residents moved out after floods in 1947.
Another house in the road, called Cape Farewell, was owned by former London mayor Sir George Broadbridge and burned down in the late Forties.