MEMBERS and guests arrived at Bletchley Park, the once ultra-secret wartime establishment, expecting an interesting and revealing day and they were to be not disappointed.
They were welcomed and given all the information necessary to visit all the buildings at the site, many of which are little different from how they were left in 1945.
In the recent past, the manor house and most of the other buildings at Bletchley Park used for breaking the Nazi communication codes and support services were refurbished.
When the site was first purchased by the Government in 1938 to be the Government Code and Cypher School, which became the GCHQ, only 200 people worked there. By the end of the war, more than 7,000 were employed on the most secret work.
All but a few of the wooden huts which accommodated the men and women breaking the German Enigma codes survived.