IS your dog a sports enthusiast? Do they put in a gold-medal winning effort when it comes
IS your dog a sports enthusiast? Do they put in a gold-medal winning effort when it comes to the 10 dog disciplines, such as postman-chasing, hole-digging, doggy paddle and, of course, climbing on the sofa while no one is looking?
If your answer is “yes”, then here is your chance to bag a bunch of great prizes and see your pup in the paper!
Henley’s Top Dog 2016 is taking inspiration from the sporting extravaganza that will be the Rio Olympics.
Henley’s double Olympic rowing silver medallist and dog lover Debbie Flood is joining the team of judges for this year’s contest.
For your dog to be in with a chance of winning this year’s coveted Top Dog title all you need to do is send us a great photo of your tail-wagger and let us know in approximately 100 words what Olympic standard activities your dog excels at!
We want to see past entrants taking part as well as newbies, so don’t be shy!
The winner will receive:
• Lunch at the Leander Club with Debbie Flood.
• A beautiful portrait of your dog by artist Clive Hemsley, of Hart Street, Henley (www.clivehemsley.com)
• A full works dog groom with spa treatments at Naughty Mutt Nice in Reading Road, Henley, (01491 576629, www.naughtymuttnice.com)
• A health check consultation, blood profile and urine sample check at the Henley Veterinary Centre in Reading Road, worth £130 (01491 574490, www.henleyvets.co.uk)
• An Olympic-themed bouquet of flowers from Bluebells in Reading Road, Henley, (01491 413444, www.bluebellsofhenley.co.uk)
• A selection of Lily’s Kitchen organic dog food goodies (www.lilyskitchen.co.uk)
Two runners-up will each receive:
• A health check consultation, blood profile and urine sample check at the Henley Veterinary Centre
• A dog service wash to the value of £30 at Naughty Mutt Nice
• A selection of Lily’s Kitchen organic dog food
How to enter
Send your entry by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to email@example.com
You can also post it to: Top Dog 2016 competition, Henley Standard, Caxton House, 1 Station Road, Henley, RG9 2AD. The closing date is Friday, August 5.
The winner and two runners-up will be chosen by the Top Dog judges, Henley Standard editor Simon Bradshaw, Naughty Mutt Nice proprietor Aspen Weatherburn, Erik D’Arcy-Donnelly, of the Henley Veterinary Centre, and Debbie Flood.
They will be announced in the Henley Standard and presented with the winning woof-tastic loot by the Top Dog judging panel.
Terms and conditions
Any dogs can be entered in the competition, including past winners and runners-up.
All prizes must be claimed before March 2017.
The prizes are non-refundable and there is no cash alternative.
Normal Henley Standard competition rules apply and the editor’s decision is final. To see the rules, visit www.henleystandard.co.uk/regulars/competition_rules.php