Friday, 22 October 2021

Churchwarden rescues wedding after organ fire

A RECENT wedding at All Saints’ Church in Dunsden was rather like those of more than 100 years ago in one aspect — how the organ was powered.

An hour before he was due to officiate, rector Paul Bradish discovered a curious smell in the vestry and some wisps of black smoke.

Upon closer inspection, he discovered that the organ motor had burnt out and started a small fire.

Churchwarden Philip Chaimbault came to the rescue.

He says: “I had been to unlock the church because there was a wedding and I went inside and switched everything on.

More News:

POLL: Have your say