A RECENT wedding at All Saints’ Church in Dunsden was rather like those of more than 100 years ago in one aspect — how the organ was powered.
An hour before he was due to officiate, rector Paul Bradish discovered a curious smell in the vestry and some wisps of black smoke.
Upon closer inspection, he discovered that the organ motor had burnt out and started a small fire.
Churchwarden Philip Chaimbault came to the rescue.
He says: “I had been to unlock the church because there was a wedding and I went inside and switched everything on.