Friday, 14 December 2018

Heart attack baby back home

A BABY revived by paramedics after his heart stopped beating has returned home.

A BABY revived by paramedics after his heart stopped beating has returned home.

Jamie McGarvey and Jodie Trevethan picked up their two-month-old son Taylor from hospital last Saturday. The couple, who live in Henley, called 999 on February 23 after he stopped breathing and turned blue.

As the Standard reported last week, medics raced to their flat in Goodall Close and whisked Taylor off in an ambulance. En route to the Royal Berkshire Hospital in Reading, he went into cardiac arrest and had to be resuscitated. He was kept under observation for a week, but his parents say he is now back to full health.

Mr McGarvey, 23, said: “Taylor has come on leaps and bounds — he’s an absolutely bouncing baby now. He’s pretty lively at the moment. He’s had plenty of feeds and he’s crying a lot, which is actually a good thing.”

He added he was delighted the family had been reunited. “I’m feeling much cheerier now he’s out of hospital and so is Jodie,” he said. “Chloe’s really happy too — she loves her little brother.”

Taylor was born two months premature at the Royal Berkshire Hospital in December. His cardiac arrest was sparked by a build-up of fluid on his lung that blocked his breathing.

He was kept on a ventilator for a week and his parents visited him in the intensive care ward every day. Although doctors have arranged further tests, they do not believe Taylor will have any long-term health problems. The youngster now weighs eight pounds, double his birth weight.

When his parents called 999 the Thames Valley air ambulance also attended. The helicopter touched down at Trinity Primary School, in Vicarage Road, and a passer-by gave the crew a lift to the scene. Mr McGarvey and Miss Trevethan thanked the unknown driver and the paramedics.


with pic 1303128. with Mr McGarvey and Taylor. The mum didn’t want to be in it and the daughter was at pre-school.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say