Tuesday, 16 October 2018

Substitute Jaycock at double as United upset form book

Substitute Jaycock at double as United upset form book

WOODCOTE/STOKE ROW were left to rue missed chances at COOKHAM DEAN as the home team levelled the scores in the 89th minute to deny the visitors all the three points from their Premier Division clash.

Woodcote were dominant in the opening half hour and took the lead after 26 minutes through Jonny Summers. Gareth Evans took a quick throw to Sam Tucker, who showed good skill to thread the ball into Summers’ path. The striker took one touch and then rifled the ball into the bottom corner from 20 yards. Shortly afterwards, Sam Green had an effort cleared off the line from a corner.

Early in the second half Jake Dillon went close from Andy Bullett’s cross, but he failed to connect properly and enabled a defender to get back and clear off the line.

On the hour mark another good chance went begging. This time the culprit was Dave Givens who missed the target when presented with a tap-in after good work by Jake Dillon and Summers.

With time running out Woodcote looked to have secured all three points but the hosts netted with a minute to go to secure a share of the spoils.

ROTHERFIELD UNITED remain second from bottom in the table after going down to a 4-1 defeat against NEWBURY at Bishopswood. Kieron Penglase was on target for the hosts.

GORING UNITED recorded their second win of the season against Division 2 promotion chasing FINCHAMPSTEAD RESERVES. The hosts had the upper hand in the early stages of the game but a dfensive error led to Finchampstead taking the lead.

United hit back and after some sustained pressure Adam Williams chipped the Finchampstead keeper to equalise.

Substitute Will Jaycock put the hosts ahead with a well-taken goal following good build up play. However, despite dominating the match Finchampstead netted once more to level the scores.

With 20 minutes of the match remaining Jaycock netted his second and his side’s third to wrap up the points for United.

WOODCOTE/STOKE ROW RESERVES were held to a 1-1 draw at home to TAPLOW UNITED RESERVES. Adam Burgess was on target for the visitors. Elsewhere in the division WARGRAVE ran out 1-0 winners at home to HIGHMOOR U21s.

The visitors had most of the possession throughout the game but failed to create many clear cut chances. Their best efforts were long shots which Ben Coleman dealt with well in goal.

Stuart Moss scored the only goal five minutes before half time when he ran on to a through ball from Ben Carter and fired home from the edge of the box.

In Division 3 ROTHERFIELD UNITED RESERVES moved off the foot of the table after picking up a point from their 0-0 draw at UNITY RESERVES.

GORING UNITED RESERVES remain 10th in Division 4 after going down to a 3-2 defeat at WOODLEY UNITED B.

l WARGRAVE RESERVES came from 2-0 down to progress to the next round of the Berkshire Trophy Centre Junior Cup after winning 4-2 at THE HOP LEAF. Dan Tegg netted twice for the visitors with Peter Rudge and Andy Caldwell also getting thier names on the score sheet in a match that saw Jason Heath miss a penalty for the visitors. In the quarter-finals Wargrave will entertain Hurst A.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say