Wednesday, 17 October 2018

Derby bragging rights

PREMIER Division league leaders HENLEY YMCA moved five points clear of second placed THE TYRE BAY after beating them 2-0

PREMIER Division league leaders HENLEY YMCA moved five points clear of second placed THE TYRE BAY after beating them 2-0 at Lawson Road.

Henley YMCA took the lead after 34 minutes when David Rook played a ball to Michael Butcher on the edge of the penalty area. After getting dispossessed, Butcher won the ball back and fired in from the tightest of angles.

A minute into the second half Ben Farmar won the ball from the visitors and played in Rhys York who fired home Henley’s second of the match from the edge of the box.

The Tyre Bay had a man sent off with 10 minutes remaining after receiving a second yellow card.

Steve Kemp scored a consolation goal as KIDMORE END went down to a 3-1 defeat at PANGBOURNE.

Kidmore End could have been out of sight by the end of the first half, with striker Kieren Chard missing numerous one-on-one chances and Gareth Mahoney hitting the post. Pangbourne scored all their three goals in the second half.

YMCA UNITED are still searching for their first Division 1 East victory of the season after going down to a 2-0 defeat at WOKINGHAM AND EMMBROOK.

Division 2 West league leaders CHECKENDON remain top of the table after beating KIDMORE END RESERVES 1-0 at Gallowstree Common.

SC UNITED lost their 100 per cent Division 3 East record as they were held to a 1-1 at Bishopswood against HOBNOB.

The visitors opened the scoring in the first minute when a 20-yard strike beat keeper Thorsten Gentsch.

SC United equalised 15 minutes later when a Lukonde Kasonde effort was deflected in by a Hobnob defender.

Mark Sachse scored a hat-trick to help GORING UNITED RESERVES defeat BANTAM 9-2.

Goring took the lead in the first minute when Sachse scored from close range. Goring increased their lead on the half-hour mark when Chris Cresswell converted a Luke Butler pass.

Bantam pulled a goal back three minutes later, before Sachse scored his second of the game from 20 yards out to put his side 3-1 up.

Sachse completed his hattrick in the second half with further Goring goals coming from Cresswell, Luke Butler (2), Ed Ardil and Ryan Harrhy.

AFC HENLEY moved off the foot of Division 4 West thanks to a 4-0 home victory over SC UNITED RESERVES, who in turn slipped to the foot of the table.

AFC Henley took the lead with a well-worked attack down the left leading to Adam Henley receiving the ball inside the opposition box and slotting home past the keeper.

A couple of minutes later Matt Eggleton doubled the lead from the penalty spot after he was tripped inside the box.

Henley continued to attack in the second half and after 65 minutes debutant Peter Shora hit the back of the net when the ball fell to him inside the Sonning Common six-yard box.

After 75 minutes Jack Beales completed the scoring for the hosts with a looping header following a corner.

lEMMER GREEN missed out on a place in the Berks and Bucks Intermediate Cup final after going down to a 3-2 at MASTERS after extra time.

The hosts took the lead when the ball came in from an in-swinging corner which went over the head of Emmer Green goalkeeper Paul New.

Emmer Green responded well when Luke Donegan got past two players to be eventually brought down for a penalty which brother Daniel converted.

Masters regained the lead early in the second half before Daniel Donegan slotted through Ciaran Crean to make it 2-2.

Emmer Green created several chances but the decisive goal came for the hosts three minutes into extra time.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say