Wednesday, 17 October 2018

Bickerton’s debut goal not enough as Henley Town lose

EMMER GREEN slipped to their first Senior Division defeat of the season as they lost 4-1 away to IBIS/BM.

EMMER GREEN slipped to their first Senior Division defeat of the season as they lost 4-1 away to IBIS/BM.

The hosts took the lead in the first half with a goal against the run of play.

Emmer Green hit back with a fine goal by Luke Donegan. Donegan took the ball past three defenders before hitting a hard strike which hit the crossbar before landing in the back of the net just before half-time.

In the second half John Donegan latched on to a through ball from the midfield and his shot beat the keeper and rebounded off the crossbar and bounced back out into play from the goal line.

Once again against the run of play Emmer Green were caught out as the hosts broke away to re-take the lead.

As the game went on the hosts struck again twice more with two deflected goals.

To make matters worse for the visitors Richie Froude was sent off for picking up his second yellow card of the match.

In the Premier Division the battle between the two newly-promoted sides saw ARBORFIELD come out on top 2-1 at HENLEY TOWN’S Triangle Ground.

After a goalless first half, Arborfield took the lead on the hour and added to it 15 minutes later. Newcomer Ed Bickerton reduced Henley’s arrears, but they could not equalise even after the visitors had a player sent off.

HENLEY YMCA UNITED went down to a heavy 8-1 defeat against DC STEAMERS in Division 1 East at their Lawson Road ground.

Jeremy Hughes was the scorer of the hosts only goal of the game.

In Division 1 West GORING UNITED slipped to a narrow 1-0 defeat at home to RICHFIELD ROVERS RESERVES.

In Division 2 West KIDMORE END RESERVES drew their second match of the season as they were held 0-0 at Gallowstree Common by WHITLEY ATHLETIC.

SC UNITED recorded their first win of the season as they beat AFC BURGHFIELD RESERVES 2-1 at Bishopswood.

MAPLEDURHAM slipped to a narrow 4-3 defeat away to COLEY PARK. Danny Clare, Stuart Owen and Jon Garrett were the scorers for the visitors.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say