Tuesday, 16 October 2018

Visitors hit back to take points with goals in last five minutes

A LAST-MINUTE goal saw ROTHERFIELD UNITED slip to a narrow 3-2 defeat at home to FRILSHAM AND YATTENDON in the

A LAST-MINUTE goal saw ROTHERFIELD UNITED slip to a narrow 3-2 defeat at home to FRILSHAM AND YATTENDON in the John Dell Senior Division.

Frilsham took the lead after some sustained pressure and several corners.

Rotherfield equalised when Ben Keable played in Tom Candish and he calmly slotted the ball between the on rushing keeper’s legs. The visitors regained the lead when they scored from another corner.

Rotherfield levelled in the 80th minute when Mark Sumner was brought down in the box and Ricky Sidhu converted the penalty.

Frilsham capitalised on a defensive error in the last minute to take all three points.

SONNING remain in second place in Division 1 following a 6-2 victory over WESTWOOD UNITED RESERVES at Pound Lane.

WARGRAVE suffered their first defeat of the season as they went down 3-2 at home to READING YMCA.

In an even game both teams created chances with YMCA taking the lead when Aaron Williams attempted a header back to the Wargrave keeper which saw the ball looped over him for an own goal.

Wargrave took control of the game in the second half and equalised when Max Fox converted from a corner with 12 minutes to go.

The hosts took the lead through Callum Hunter two minutes later. However, YMCA rallied and managed to capitalise on a defensive mix-up to equalise in the 85th minute before snatching the winner a minute from full time.

GORING UNITED let a two goal lead slip as they went down 3-2 at home to MORTIMER RESERVES.

Richard Cahill and Andrew Galloway had given the hosts a first half lead but Mortimer hit back in the second half with a hat-trick by Lee Kitching to take all three points.

GORING UNITED RESERVES are still searching for their first Division 2 points of the season after going down 4-1 at ELDON CELTIC. John Helas was on target for the visitors.

A goal in each half by Dean Condon was not enough to prevent Division 3 basement side SONNING A slipping to their fourth defeat of the season as they went down 6-2 away to UNITY RESERVES.

WARGRAVE RESERVES maintained their unbeaten start in Division 4 as they beat AFC CORINTHIANS A 2-1.

The hosts started brightly putting early pressure on Wargrave before eventually taking the lead.

Wargrave fought back and started to dominate possession. Ross Brymer fired in a long range shot which was parried by the Corinthians keeper only into the path of Dan Teg who equalised just before half-time.

In the second half Richard Jones was brought down in the Corinthians penalty area after beating the last man, but the resulting penalty was saved by the home keeper.

Jason Heath netted the winner for Wargrave after his initial shot was saved by the keeper before he slotted home the rebound.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say