Wednesday, 17 October 2018

Butcher bags four goals for unbeaten Kidmore End

A BORROWED Reading Football Club strip has proved a good omen for KIDMORE END as they have won two games

A BORROWED Reading Football Club strip has proved a good omen for KIDMORE END as they have won two games out of two since wearing the strip, scoring 11 goals in the process and conceding just two.

The Gallowstree Common side needed a change strip so player Matt Walker, who works in the sport science department at the Championship club, was able to borrow the old first team kit from the Royals.

On Sunday Michael Butcher scored four to help his side thrash TILEHURST YM 5-1 to keep pace with the Premier Division’s front runners.

Good build up play from the left saw Kieren Chard cross into the box for Butcher to head home from six yards.

Kidmore doubled their advantage 10 minutes later as Jamie Thomas rose high to power home a Butcher corner.

Kidmore’s Chard then won and missed a penalty, with the YM keeper pulling off a fine save.

The hosts continued to apply the pressure and were 3-0 up after half-time with Michael Tegg rolling in Butcher on the edge of the area to slot home.

For the forth goal Chard was fouled on the edge of the area, 25 yards from goal and Butcher fired home a low free kick to bag his hat trick.

Tilehurst then hit back with a free kick of their own before Butcher found space on the edge of the area to hit a left foot strike into the bottom corner.

HENLEY TOWN put in one of their best performances of the season to run out 4-1 winners away to league leaders PURLEY.

The visitors went a goal down from a corner after only five minutes. Henley equalised when Matt Sinclair sent in Sam Bell junior and took the lead prior to the interval when Ricky Sidhu finished off Ollie Maskell’s good work.

In the second half Craig Sinclair increased Henley Town’s lead, while Sidhu scored his second just before full time.

GORING UNITED slipped to the foot of the Division 1 West table after going down to a 5-1 home defeat against PANGBOURNE.

After an even first 15 minutes Pangbourne scored two goals in quick succession, before a corner by Goring led to the visiting keeper punching the ball into his own net.

Pangbourne scored two more before half time to take a 4-1 lead at half time.

Goring had the better of the second half but failed to convert any chances before the visitors added their fifth goal.

SC UNITED won their second game of the season in Division 2 West as they triumphed 4-0 away to THEALE.

The visitors opened the scoring in the second minute when left winger Arran Finch volleyed in striker Aaron Attfield’s cross on the edge of the Theale box.

United doubled their lead on 20 minutes when Attfield collected a Finch cross before rounding the keeper and slotting into an empty net.

The visitors went 3-0 up before halftime when centre back Simon Eade cut the ball back from the goal line for Attfield to half volley in his second of the game from close range.

Attfield wrapped up the scoring in the second half when he converted from the penalty spot after being brought down by the goalkeeper.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say