Monday, 15 October 2018

Hotspurs U12s earn a share of the spoils against high-flying Windsor

AFC HENLEY HOTSPURS U12s drew 1-1 with high-flying East Berks League side WINDSOR U12s on Saturday.

AFC HENLEY HOTSPURS U12s drew 1-1 with high-flying East Berks League side WINDSOR U12s on Saturday.

Henley won the ball in the middle of the pitch and after a succession of quick passes into the area, Adam Palmer found Elliot Fielder in space who calmly slotted the ball into the corner for his first goal for the team.

Windsor soon showed why they are second in the division with some skilful play that resulted in the equaliser.

Henley kept up the pace, and Luke Freeman was unlucky not to regain the lead when his 25 yard strike was rattled off the crossbar.

In the second period Henley came out of the blocks fast but their well organised opposition held them at bay.

When Windsor did get their ball they regularly pushed play out to their pacey right winger but left back and man-of-the-match Patrick Organ showed his worth with a series of well-timed tackles to put a stop to any Windsor advances.

Henley pushed on for the win, with midfield playmaker Zodey Sabijan jinking runs continually stopped by fouls, both Sabijan and Freeman hit good free kicks into the box but the home team just could not find a way through.

AFC HENLEY HURRICANES U12s’ recent good form came to an end against a strong and well organised WOODLEY SAINTS COUGARS U12s side in the East Berks Alliance.

Henley took the lead in the first half, but were undone by some good finishing from Woodley who raced to a 4-1 lead at half-time.

Henley competed better in the second half led by captain Liam Hilditch and good wing play from man-of-the-match Jamie Hudson. However Henley conceded a goal in the final minute whilst pushing forward to try and narrow the deficit.

AFC HENLEY HURRICANES U13s picked up a point from their East Berks League Division 1 clash away to AFC CHARVIL U13s last Saturday in what was the third meeting between the two sides this season.

The visitors created a number of chances and broke the deadlock on 10 minutes. Good work down the left from Ben Lambourne and Ethan Pearce provided a pinpoint cross which Jake Jones met with a powerful header back across the keeper and into the top corner.

The remainder of the first period saw a number of half chances but the Hurricanes defence, marshalled superbly by Ed Lawrence, held firm and stand-in keeper Sam Clark was quick off his line to keep the Hurricanes ahead at half-time.

Charvil got themselves level early in the second half after the Hurricanes failed to deal with a ball down the middle allowing the striker through one-on-one to calmly slot home.

The Hurricanes restored their lead when, after winning a free kick near the touch line, Gabriel Langford picked out Jones on the edge of the area, whose first time volley flew into the bottom corner of the net.

Charvil had their fair share of the second half and once again equalised. The striker once again got through down the middle and despite Ethan doing well in goal to deflect the initial shot, the ball looped up and over the covering defender, high into the net.

AFC HENLEY HOTSPURS U13s pulled off the result of the day for the club as they fought back from 6-2 down to triumph 7-6 in their East Berks League clash with WOODLEY HAMMERS METEORS U13s.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say