Monday, 15 October 2018

Moore’s double helps lift Town off foot of the table

EMMER GREEN slipped to their fourth consecutive defeat as they went down 5-2 at home to

EMMER GREEN slipped to their fourth consecutive defeat as they went down 5-2 at home to BARTON ROVERS in their Senior Division clash at the Recreation Ground.

The hosts took the lead against 10 man Barton Rovers after Luke Donegan lobbed the advancing keeper.

Rovers looked dangerous and 15 minutes later grabbed an equaliser when a shot was deflected into the back of the Emmer Green net.

The visitors netted a further two goals in the space of 10 minutes to put them 3-1 up at the interval. At half-time the visitors were boosted as their 11th player arrived.

Emmer Green were dealt another blow in the second half when Barton got their fourth of the match. The hosts pressed hard and got a second goal courtesy of Luke Donegan and just when it looked like Emmer Green could get another Barton sealed the game with their fifth.

KIDMORE END’S home match with RICHFIELD ROVERS was abandoned after a serious knee injury was suffered by one of the home players.

The hosts started slowly with Richfield Rovers having the better of the early exchanges. With Kidmore starting to grow into the game the returning Lewis Jenkins beat his man out wide and pulled the ball back with the on rushing Louie Williams unable to find the net. Soon after this Kidmore End’s Carl Harvey landed badly and suffered a serious knee injury that resulted in the referee calling a halt to the match.

HENLEY TOWN moved off the foot of the Division 1 table after thrashing POLONIA READING 7-0 at their Triangle ground.

Russell King and Joe Magro established a 2-0 interval lead before Henley ran riot in the second half. Sam Bell, Francis Payne and Ollie Maskell all found the net, while Jake Moore did so twice to make the final tally 7-0. The result lifted Henley up four places in the table.

MAPLEDURHAM maintained their Division 3 East promotion push thanks to a 3-0 win away to FOREST.

The opening goal came about following a through ball from Dan Salisbury to Stuart Owen who jinxed past a couple of players before calmly slotting the ball into the top left of the goal.

The visitors doubled their lead when quick passing and moving between Dan Salisbury and Dan Gale led to the ball being played into David Johnson’s feet who took one touch and struck it low into the bottom left corner.

Mapledurham made it 3-0 in the second half when David Johnson set Owen free to run at goal. Owen then passed the ball back across the six yard box for Johnson to tuck away.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say