Monday, 15 October 2018

Herbert and Kind at the double

GORING ROBINS U17s went down to a 1-0 defeat against WRIGHTCHOICE CSA U17s in the U18

GORING ROBINS U17s went down to a 1-0 defeat against WRIGHTCHOICE CSA U17s in the U18 Chronicle Cup in their penultimate match of the season at Sheepcot Recreation Ground on Sunday.

The game got off to a fast start with both teams having early chances. An unfortunate knock took Angus McGregor off for medical treatment early on. A free kick saw Oli Simpson clatter the bar of the Wrightchoice goal mid-way through the first half.

Goring keeper Luke Edwards performed some good saves throughout the game including a fine stop from a long-range Wrightchoice attack in the third quarter. Through the second half Wrightchoice increased their territorial possession with the wind behind them and with 18 minutes to go a melee in front of goal saw Cameron Kabale beat the Goring defence.

This put new vigour into the home side but try as they did, an equaliser was not found.

GORING ROBINS U11s defeated CAVERSHAM TRENTS WHITES U11s 4-1 in their final Berkshire League Division 2 clash on Saturday to secure the league title.

Going into the match both teams occupied the top two places. Robins created a number of good chances before George Herbert scored from a volley from 25 yards by the touchline over the defence and the goalkeeper and into the net.

Robins’ pressure paid off in the second half with three rapid goals — a brace for Felix Kind and another from Herbert — thanks to assists from Tom Cammell, Flynn Smith and Markham. With two goals and one assist, plus his usual penetrating runs down the left flank, Herbert was man-of-the-match. Caversham pulled a goal back late in the match.

GORING ROBINS U14s moved into second place in Division 1 of the Berkshire Youth Development League table thanks to a 4-0 victory agianst WOODLEY HURRICANES U14s.

The first half was a tentative affair with defences well on top and neither keeper being forced into a serious save.

Goring changed to a more attacking formation in the second half and were rewarded when Nathan Sandland’s inswinging corner flew straight into the net. Bertie Spencer added a second via a deflected shot before late goals from Matthew Bell and James Pearson secured the points.

More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death

POLL: Have your say