GORING’S two playgrounds are set to re-open. The ... [more]
Wednesday, 30 September 2020
A FARMER from Chalkhouse Green has warned dog owners to pick up their pet’s waste to avoid killing unborn cattle.
Sarah Hall, of Chalkhouse Green Farm, said that she had lost two unborn calves at her farm due to neospora, a parasite found in dogs which causes abortions in cattle.
Mrs Hall, who is a member of Kidmore End Parish Council, farms British white cattle, Berkshire pigs and cröllwitzer turkeys.
She said: “People should not only keep their dogs on the lead but also pick up after their dog.
“We have had neospora on the farm. You do not know how upsetting it is — just two deaths in a small herd like ours is a disaster.”
11 March 2019
TWO firefighters raised more than £2,200 for ... [more]
POLL: Have your say