Sunday, 18 November 2018

Ten years ago

A £1.5MILLION traffic scheme for the centre of Henley has been approved by Oxfordshire County Council. The scheme,

A £1.5MILLION traffic scheme for the centre of Henley has been approved by Oxfordshire County Council. The scheme, which includes making Duke Street one-way northbound, was approved by councillors at last week’s cabinet meeting. It follows a referendum carried out by Henley Town Council in which residents voted almost 2-1 in favour. The scheme will use state-of-the-art technology that watches traffic flows and changes traffic signal systems to manage situations as they crop up.

Henley traders generally managed to match last year’s pre-Christmas sales but some struggled in tough trading conditions. They said better town parking would help. David Smith, manager of Music World in Hart Street, said sales had been slow. He said: “Parking is still the major problem. We need a multi-storey car park.”

Henley Town Council has agreed a new “responsibility matrix” with the company that manages the Tesco sports ground. The document provides a framework for the responsibilities overseen by the council and Community Leisure Services. Sports teams have complained about the poor condition of the facilities.





More News:

Latest video from

VIDEO: Tributes paid after rugby player's death
 

POLL: Have your say