A RETIRED civil engineer from Goring hopes to ... [more]
Monday, 16 December 2019
Khalil Ahmed (Labour)
HIGH Wycombe has been my home for more than 40 years. I attended local schools and have raised my children here.
In 2011 I was elected to represent Disraeli ward as a councillor and I spent 2014 as the Mayor of High Wycombe, raising £36,000 for two charities, Diabetes UK and the Cardiomyopathy Association.
Recently, I have championed the town’s charter market, a High Wycombe town council, recognition of the 4,000 women affected by state pension inequality and the declaration of a local climate change emergency. If elected as MP, I pledge to:
• Campaign for the return of A&E, maternity and paediatric departments to Wycombe Hospital.
• Push for the reversal of school cuts and higher funding for local schools
• Build more social and affordable housing
• Improve public transport, particularly for the rural areas of Wycombe
• Seek a confirmatory referendum on Brexit.
02 December 2019
THE watch manager at Goring fire station has been ... [more]
POLL: Have your say